Saturday 4 February 2012

New Year New Me(n)

As we glide into another year I find myself reflecting, yet again, on the current questionable status of my love life.  But this year things feel different.  I must finally be starting to move on and box those men away as, whilst writing this, instead of weeping into my roses and red wine I’m looking back with mirth.  Well, I guess you have to laugh…

            I don’t have space - or time - to regale you with all my tales, but let’s focus on a few of my, ahem, most salient moments.  Which, I believe, would be a) the caravan sanctuary b) ‘perfect on paper’ and c) my personal favourite: my very own Latino Patrick Swayze (honestly, we were in the running for Dirty Dancing III.  I’m still just waiting for that call from Hollywood).

            So, caravan and I met working on a campsite in France, and spent three beautiful weeks taking walks across the seafront, snuggling into our sleeping bags and hosing down garden furniture.  I was in heaven, for twenty-one and a half entire days and nights.

            Perfect on Paper is always a tricky one.  You know, those guys who seem to tick all the boxes, the ones we go on date after date with, trying to make it happen but never managing to shake the feeling that it is just pure hard work.  Something is missing but, eventually, we manage to accept it and move on.  Which I did!  Six years ago!  Yet somehow I managed to fall into the paper ruse again, just last month.  It’s passed now, but I’m going to be on red alert for that trap for a long time to come. 

            And Patrick Swayze?  Well what can I say?  We met, we danced, his lips brushed against mine and my knees began to tremble.  Though I didn‘t carry a watermelon.  The rest, as they say, is history… .  History being the operative word. 

            Well at least I have some times to look back on.  I hesitate to use the word ‘good’, so maybe I’ll settle for ‘interesting’.  I’d love to hear your equivalents…!

No comments:

Post a Comment