Saturday 4 February 2012

Winter Wonderland ... ?

And so winter approaches.  Ahead lie months of cuddling up under a blanket with a hot man, a hot chocolate and long afternoons filled with back to back episodes of ‘Come Dine With Me’.  Hmmm.  Just one vital ingredient missing for yours truly, then.  But I am working on it…

            Last month I had a date with a nomad Kiwi surfer.  He was very sweet, but really worth investing in?  I just don’t see it.  I’ve dabbled with the ex: we’ve had the standard ‘how are things?’  ‘I’ve been doing this and that’ and ‘so glad things are working out for you’ chat (complete with ambiguous ‘x’ at the end of the conversation, just to keep things ticking over).  Then there was the date with the ‘perfect gentleman’, where I somehow ended up paying for not only my dinner but his as well.  I do like to think that I’m a modern woman but I’m not even happy about going Dutch too early on, so I don’t think I’ll ever consider myself enlightened enough to buy into funding a first date for the both of us.

            But where does this all leave me?  Ok, I know the answer deep down: stretched out on my sofa complete with a chocolate sachet for one and the trusty Tivo box, whilst I argue with myself over where it all keeps going wrong.  But you’ve got to give me points for perseverance: tonight it’s a local Bobby (he helped me out on my way home the other night after I’d had a few drinks and decided to take a ‘short cut’) and tomorrow it’s my friend’s cousin’s girlfriend’s brother.  I can’t even remember how we got to that one.  But I do have ‘Come Dine’ on stand by and my Highlights at the ready (plus a stash of full fat Galaxy drink, just for those real extreme cases…).  Anyone care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment